Labels

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Safe Lice Prevention

Does just thinking of lice make you start scratching your head?  It sure does me!                                                                                             
Luckily, our family has never had lice, but I completely agree with Ben Franklin that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure... and in the case of lice maybe two pounds.  After several boys in my son's baseball team all had lice, from sharing helmets, I began doggedly searching for natural repellents.  A friend of mine told me she read that lice, like many other bugs, do not like the fragrance of rosemary.  She said that as a preventive measure, she keeps a few fresh twigs inside her daughter's pillowcases.  I have a HUGE rosemary plant, in Texas they are so easy to grow, and require little care, the worst thing you can do is over water them!!  Inspired by my friend's idea, I began placing the fresh twigs inside my children's shampoo and conditioner.  After about an hour, the smell is infused throughout the entire bottle.  I just leave it in the bottle.  My kid's hair smells great; it's a clean, fresh scent.  I can't promise that this is 100% reliable, but we have never had any lice to prove otherwise! However, I still scratch my head just thinking about it!

I did some googlin', and found a few companies that sell rosemary shampoo and sprays as a natural lice deterrent.  Just a FYI.  http://www.fairytaleshaircare.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment