About 2 days after Ash Wednesday, while my body was still reeling from my lent induced abstinence of chocolate, I saw at the grocery store food network magazine's CHOCOLATE Issue! Without allowing myself any time to drool on the cover, I purchased it. Once home I left it in the plastic bag (I know, I always plan to take it all my recyclable shopping bags) and stowed it away in a drawer until after Easter! At about 3:30am Easter morning, as I am unwrapping approximately my 300th Cadbury chocolate egg, I remembered the magazine. Well, you can imagine the rest... let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight for the Easter Bunny to find me laying in an almost sugar coma, chocolate running down my chin and my tongue stuck to one of the pages of the magazine!
One of the most unique recipes in the book is for chocolate ice cubes! Being self proclaimed chocolate milk afficionados, my kids couldn't wait to try this recipe! It's a simple enough to make, and produces squeals of delight when friends are over after school!
Ingredients:
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 ice cube tray
Mix the first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a slow simmer, whisking until all lumps are disolved.
Remove from heat and add semisweet chocolate chips, stir until disolved. (We got creative and added a tsp. vanilla extract at this point, but you can leave it out.) Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze.
To serve, add to milk and swish a few times! Yum!!
No comments:
Post a Comment