Monday, July 30, 2012
twisted balloons
About two years ago, I was going to work a summer kid's program at our church, and one of the activities was going to be Silly Human Tricks. Each week we were going to "learn" something new.... play Happy Birthday on the piano, juggle, etc. Unfortunantly, the class was cancelled but my kids and I decided that we would do it as a family, instead!
One of the activities was making a balloon dog. We got a pump, balloons and a book at Party City. After a few mistakes, we quickly had a house full of colorful pups bouncing around! My daughter loved making them, and using the book, learned how to make swords, and then flowers. We looked online for different ideas, where you can find just about anything in the shape of a balloon! She loves doing it so much that she now offers her "balloon art" to family friends for birthday parties. Of course, any job that pays in birthday cake can't be all bad!!
The hobby is actually called Balloon Twisting or Balloon Sculpting. I tried to twist a few of them myself, and it's not that easy, especially if you have the fear of them popping all the time!
Here's our list of Silly Human Tricks we attempted to learn that summer...
1. Simple card trick
2. play Happy Birthday on piano
3. juggle 3 balls
4. balloon animals
5. "read someone's mind"
6. pig latin
7. pull a tablecloth off a set table
8. yo - yo trick
9. spin a basketball on your finger
10. alphabet in sign language (which certainly isn't silly, but I thought I could sneak it in)!
Labels:
activities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment