
Before you read about how much I enjoyed the Trinity Trails, and I did, I need to make a point here.
Do you see the proximity of my four year old, on his little bike, with the RIVER? I posted this picture first to prove that I am loosening up on my fear of water (where my children are concerned) because he IS NOT WEARING A LIFEJACKET!
I mean, yeah, I brought it, it's in the car, but I DIDN'T PUT IT ON HIM!
And I wanted to...
If you are looking for a fun place for family bike rides, you have got to visit the Trinity Trails in Fort Worth! You can ride for miles on the wide concrete trail along the Trinity River. The paved trail is also easy for my four year old to ride, since he is still in training wheels. There are very few steep inclines or declines, which are important when riding with a little one, and no car traffic. There are lots of places to stop and rest, and play. We enjoyed a picnic at Trinity Park, where Mayfest is held each year. It has a nice playground, huge pecan trees and miniature train rides! We grabbed a cool drink on the way back at the Woodshed Smokehouse, which even offers bike racks to tired riders coming up from the river. Their patio overlooks the water, and is so relaxing. Too relaxing, because I didn't react fast enough when my four year old took off his bike helmet and THREW it in the river! Luckily, the current was slow, and we were able to fish it out with a long stick! And, I took some relief in knowing that, at least, it floats!

My Mommy Tips
For more information, and maps to of the trails,
http://www.trinitytrails.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment