I'm excited to tell you about my new collaboration with the City of Arlington Parks and Recreation as a Naturally Fun Blogger! I'm getting the chance to have fun, and to tell you all about the classes and camps they offer.
But I have a confession...When it comes to an exercise classes, well, I'm something of a newbie.
So, the instructors get free laughs at my expense!
Lots of free laughs!

Boot Camp at Hugh Smith Recreation Center was my first class...
Robin, the instructor, barely chuckled at me as she led me through our warm ups.
We ran up and down the gym
We worked with weights.
We did lunges.
We hopped.
I sweated.
I ached a little.
But it was a good ache.
We stretched.
She encouraged me.
I pushed myself,
and wanted to laugh
when she said we were warmed up and ready to get started!
But it was great!
And when we finished, although I considered napping on the gym floor, instead I picked up my five year old who had been busy playing in their child care room.
We went to play at Bob Cooke Park, located behind the center,
before rewarding myself with a yummy sub from nearby Dino's Subs.
Everyone told me I would feel sore the next day, but I felt great! A little pull in my stomach from the work we did on the abdominals, but not bad at all. Robin does a terrific job of stretching you before and after, and I really think that made a big difference!
Boot Camp is offered at Hugh Smith Recreation Center on Mon. Wed. and Fri at 9:30am. Childcare is available during the class. The class is designed for all fitness levels (even mine).
Robin has been an instructor for seven years, and also teaches the Pilates and Yoga class.
You can purchase a Fitness Plus Membership, which gives you unlimited Fitness Plus Classes and access to the weight room for $30/month. You must also have an annual membership card. The cost to join is $20/year for Arlington residents, and $40/year for non-residents, like me.
If you are vacationing in Arlington (or just want to check it out), you can purchase an $8/day Fitness Guest Pass.
Keep Having Fun in the
Texas Sun!
Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment