Labels

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Summer Bucket List

Each year, my kids and I create a Summer Bucket List.  Similar to a traditional "bucket list", except instead of filling it with things we want to do before we "kick the bucket", we fill it full with ideas for summer. We have so much fun thinking up fun things we want to do, and places we want to go!  Then, when summer arrives, we enjoy taking them out as we complete them, and hopefully emptying our bucket before the school bell rings!

We love the fun and whimsical look of a beach bucket, but you can simply just write out a list.  Post it somewhere everyone can see it, and cross off each item once it's been done.  I let my kids fill it with whatever comes to mind, without any limits, explaining that the goal is to do as much as we can before summer ends.  However, if we don't get around to buying a horse, which was one of my daughter's ideas, that's okay.  It's a good lesson in  setting realistic goals.  I just keep it to myself that I was pricing local stall rentals only this afternoon.  You never know what the summer may bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment